Jan 5, 2011 Jazz
Posted by administrator
The number one enemy of a creative jazz musician is consistent! Every artist is a successful jazz troubleshooting, the investigator, but an inquiring mind is never satisfied to take the ideas of others, these musicians have always worked things by themselves — which is the only way he really shows!
And that’s exactly why they are successful, they are themselves.
If you do what everyone does, why would anyone take note that you?
Why put so much time in the practice of something when you’re only going to leave a “heap” in a game all sounds the same!
All creative musicians share some common characteristics, a short list of the features include:
1. Self belief – The worst enemy to creativity is doubt, where the innovative jazz musician should be a strong person, you have to believe in themselves and have strong convictions about their artistic values.
2. The mastery of his instrument – the jazz musician must achieve two levels of proficiency on his instrument (a) be able to “play what they hear, and (b) ensure that what they heard, c is that playing dollars!
technical mastery of a musical instrument is a process that never ends the trick is to let the music determine the amount of technical capacity it needs. Let the music take you to the art.
3. Style – in many ways is the most difficult to master, they are not too many really distinctive styles in all of jazz, pop culture compliance promotion of communication, education programs in Hundreds of jazz music more clones each year and of a modern society does not value or encourage individuality, emerging artists of jazz must be very brave to develop their own style in a world that seeks always make them sound like everyone else.
4. Flavor – is a process of elimination, which could be accurately stated that the creative musician spent the first twenty years of training and playing the rest of his life to learn what “shelves”. One of the qualities that separates the amateurs from professional player is that supporters focus on learning the ‘tricks’ ‘lame’ or can be inserted in a performance, while some phrases may be technically correct, that does not meet the “mindset” that is trying to convey and that the focus of expertise is jazz musician in the spontaneity of the musical conversation ..
5. Chord progressions – is vitally important for the jazz musician to study the underlying structures and harmonic progressions, as there are rules governing biological and physiology, there are rules governing the language of music progressions in jazz artist are the key agreements, which are the strong melodies and pylons musical improvisations are based.
6. Pace – if a student of music goes back far enough, you’ll realize that the main source of jazz music is Africa, where “feel” the jazz, John Philip Sousa put into perspective when he said “Jazz last as long as people hear through their feet instead of their brains. “
The musician can have all the attributes of others, but they have no sense of rhythm to develop removes all your other accomplishments!